Sunday, February 6, 2011

Quinoa - First Time For Everything


I am not a healthy food person. I am a rather picky eater who leans towards starches, cheese, pizza, and anything with frosting. So when the I first spotted Quinoa (pronounced keen-wa) on Danielle's blog (who's been eating Quinoa her whole life) I didn't even consider cooking it. Well then I started spotting it on more and more blogs. I'd guess it's become so popular because it's still early in the year and everyone is holding up on their NYE goals.. So I decided I'd give it a try, even though I never even started a healthy eating goal. I wanted to make it for Matt, who is also not a health food eater, more of a bacon-turkey-potato-chip-tarian, but still keeps his bean poll figure (unlike myself). I thought I would try Rebecca's recipe because it's something I'd eat even without the quinoa. 


Well the good news is I LOVED it. The bad news is, Matt hated it. However; he hates tomatoes so pico = bad idea, and "can't eat too many eggs or it makes him sick" a.k.a. doesn't like those either.  I am hoping to try another recipe with it and he will like it. He said it looks like spider eggs, but I pretty much hate anything with a weird texture/funny smell/gross look and I got past it. My parents, who I also made it for, loved it as well.

Hannah's Personal Quinoa Opinion: Try it! Check out Danielle's post, she not only, tells you how to cook it, but offers a wide variety or ways to prepare it. If you have any questions or want to dine on some Quinoa together, let me know!

Ciao!

1 comment: