Sunday, October 17, 2010

Bittersweet Sunday

I have a love/hate relationship with Sunday. When they don't end in Matthew and I leaving each other, I love them. When they do end that way, I hate them, passionately. So the beginning of my Sunday was lovely, but when 5 o'clock rolled around, not so much.

Matt and I checked out a restaurant called Yanni's, which serves Italian food. On Sundays they offer a buffet, little did we know it was a Greek buffet. It was less than marginal, so I skipped on picture taking there.

After lunch we went to Wal-Mart to buy pumpkins. I had planned to recreate this beauty, so I needed to find myself the proper tools. I thought good ole' Menards would have them, NOPE. We spent at least an hour searching for the tool I needed. I ended up making a simpler version of the pumpkin because I couldn't create the smaller details. 

Matt had never carved a pumpkin before! I couldn't believe it. He was so grossed out (and angered) by what was inside of the pumpkin, it was hilarious. I suggested something simple and he said "It's going to look like a piece of shit".. And so he made.. A pile of shit.









I loved my pumpkin.  




[dress] Thrifted [boots] WalMart (( Do I wear these enough? )) [belt] Thrifted


 I just thought this looked spooky.

I am ending my weekend watching The Crazies. I just added a bunch of horror films to our Netflix Instant Queue which I am looking forward to watching this weekend. I only have two days of school this week, and four days of work. Then I'm heading back to Cedar Falls to get my car fixed, spend time with my family and friends, and make our Halloween costumes. I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend and has a wonderful week. I'll be back tomorrow.

Ciao!

3 comments:

  1. Your owl pumpkin looks awesome! I haven't carved pumpkins since I was like 5...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i made that very owl!! check it out :) http://thecitybirdsnest.blogspot.com/2010/10/perfect-fall-day-filled-with-skulls.html

    love your little owl, he is adorable!

    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  3. omgosh! This owl pumpkin is the cutest!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete